- On May 20, 2020
Cyclone Ampan could cross the West Bengal of India and Bangladesh coasts through the Sundarbans this evening. In meteorological terms it is called Extremely Severe Cyclone or “Super Cyclone”. Find out what the truck drivers should or should not do during a cyclone.
1. Refrain from taking any kind of trip during a cyclone. Stay in a safe place until the cyclone is over.
2. If you are already on a trip, park the truck in a safe place before the cyclone starts. Then quickly take shelter in a safe place yourself.
3. While parking your truck, check whether the goods are ok. Cover the goods with tarpaulin and also check if the rope is tied properly. As a precaution, you can use more rope to provide extra binding.
4. Take extra caution with dry food/carton/paper-based products.
5. The storm may cause power outages. Fully charge your mobile phone beforehand.
6. Do not leave any sharp objects open where you are staying.
7. If for some reason you are outside during a cyclone, do not stay on the open road or under a tree. Also, you have to stay away from electric poles.
8. Even in the midst of the cyclone, beware of the coronavirus. Be sure to wear a mask and clean your hands frequently with soap.
9. Maintain social distance even at the place where you took shelter.
10. Arrange dry food and drinking water to carry with yourself.